Saturday, January 12, 2008

his eye is on the sparrow

why should i feel discouraged?
why should the shadows come?
why should my heart feel lonely...and long for heaven and home?

when Jesus is my portion, a constant friend is He
His eye s one the sparrow so I know He watches me

...and I sing because i' m happy...i sing because i' m free.


this hit me hard last night. i haven't been turning to God lately...but to anything else i can grab hold of. i was finding my hope and happiness in others, in friends, in busyness....trying to block out the pain, the fear, the doubt. it all came crashing down last night and i just started singing this song. if God's eye is on the sparrow, how much more does He watch me and care for me? if he gives good things to the sparrow, how much more will he give good things to me, His child?

even knowing this, i haven't been believing, truly understanding it and what it means. i need to trust that His eye is on me. I need to believe deep down in my heart and spirit that He loves me, He knows what's going on, and everything will be ok because He is in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home