Saturday, September 09, 2006

faking strength

these past few days have been hard. i'm drained, and if i seem strong on the outside, i'm faking it. i'm feeling really tested. crap keeps happening, and i don't know how much more i can take. faith wise, i feel like i'm taking one step forward, and then two steps back. things that once seemed so easy to understand, are now so trivial. relationship that were on the mend, suddenly crash again. maybe i should pray about it...i just feel so distant from God today. i'm terrible at this whole walk of faith thing....as soon as the going gets tough, i'm lost and angry at him. my sister's sick again, the car broke down, and trip complications are all getting the best of me. i find myself just crying. i don't want this again...things were looking up for a while; i had a healthy perspective. it's all fading...

words are powerful. the things you do and say can really affect people deeply; so are the things you don't do and don't say. each days reveals to me how complex life really is, and it seems the older i get, the less i know. i lack wisdom... i don't seek it diligently like some....maybe i should. i want to be someone who reveals an honest heart. so this is it. this is me being honest. i don't feel worthy of much right now. i'm second guessing myself on everything. should i go to malaysia? maybe all of these trails are here for a reason...maybe God is showing me i'm not suppost to go. or maybe i'm using that as an excuse, because i'm scared out of my mind to go. my self confidence is low. i don't like admitting that......because confidence is beautiful. i wish i were more confident for this reason, and radiated beauty. i don't feel very beautiful right now. some people tell me i am, but i honestly don't feel like any boy would look at me and see someone beautiful. i'm still trying so hard to focus on the inside, in a world where people focus on the outside. it's hard.

seeing many of my friends in awsome relationships, some getting married; all of it makes me want the same. one of the desires of my heart is to get married and raise a family. while many people dream of geting the job of their dreams, becoming famous, or getting rich, i dream of a family. sharing life with one special person..a best friend, through good and bad, laughter and arguements. someone to grow old with. the experience of raising a child; silly things like taking them to soccer practice, or making them soup when they're sick, and staying up all night with them. to me it is so beautiful. maybe it all sounds silly...maybe it's not, i really don't know. all i know is, these are things i feel.

knowing everyone goes throught these times helps, but at the same time, no one seems to share about this stuff....i wish they did. we shouldn't be so afraid to show our vunerability. life would be more rich if we did. no one needs to hear this more then myself. writing this blog has been good for me. now i'm going to be vulnerable and push publish post. 'therefore, it is in your best intrest to fine a way to be very tender'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey

i don't know if it helps, i know i'm not guy, but when i see you, i see beauty...amazing beauty. not just beauty in the so called "obvious" form (although you are physically beautiful too), but i think i might catch a glimpse of the beauty of the heart of who you are. this blog you posted was beautiful because it was real...and it shines through...
and i'm glad you took the risk and made yourself vunerable, because as strange as it sounds, it is an encouragement to me to know that i'm not the only one who feels like that...that crap just keeps coming. (and you can tell me if i'm wrong,) but i see you as real andriah, because you admit to faking strength, you prove just how real you are.

LOVE YOU
and thank you

-becca

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe,

I'm sorry I haven't called or emailed, i've been caught up with settling into waterloo, cleaning this apartment (which you have to come visit in the spring when you're back b/c you'll love it) and seeing some of my friends.

I have thought about you lots and lots. You were one of a handful of people who made my summer shine, without you it would have pretty much sucked. Sure we fought and all at times; but man, I laughed so so much; and you were really encouraging and supportive when the shit happened with brian.

I owe you so much. And I am so incredibly prob of you.

I echo a lot of what becca said. I too feel like i'm faking it, faking strength. And you know from the millions of conversations we've had that your dreams of a family and marriage and all that are much mine also. So if that makes you crazy it makes me crazy too. Which I don't think is the case at all.

I've got free long distance, so hopefully I can give you a call before you go.

Press on friend,

Yes go to Malaysia even though you're scared shitless.

Remember that outlook determines outcome.

I believe in you. More so I believe in a God who has the power to so much through those he choses.

I'm almost all organized here, and pics of you from last summer are in a stack to go back up on my walls. So be encouraged that you will not be far from my mind this coming year.

I love you SO MUCH!!! You're like a sister to me. Believe me, that's closer than a friend.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home