Tuesday, May 09, 2006

ideas

Been thinking about how I can blend my two passions of performing arts and humanitarian work together, and came up with a really neat idea. I'm thinking of starting a development program for youth in the middle east, where drama, music, and dance are used to help in the healing process of kids affected by war. As well as life skills training for the women, and raising awarness of their worth in society and that they are capable of great things. It is something that had been on my heart for a long time, and I have some support from friends who are interested in getting involved. Of course, I must begin with an education. I'm going to Sheridan in the fall for a one year performing arts intensive program, and then next year, I will be going to University(probably Guelph), to do a double major in Theatre and International Development. I hope this will get the ball rolling in this exciting and crazy dream..... anyone with ideas or who wants to give me imput on this..please do : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home